The British weather has very much taken a turn for the worse over the Christmas period and as we are now moving on from the festive break, the nostalgia of snow has worn off and every venture into work is a bitterly cold one requiring many thermal layers to keep us in a buoyant mood for our daily lives.
Waking each morning has become a chore in the knowledge that I will have to de-ice my car, wiping all the snow off with my hands in the process. Not too much of an issue when wearing gloves, yet the gloves I own at present are cotton and soon become wet and surplus to requirements.
The drive into work is equally as cold, with my car baring resemblance to a fridge freezer, yet with heater on full and wrapped up in winter accessories I feel I am beating the system and that the cold is not overcoming me. Well, that may be an exaggeration, as the temperature has been at freezing point of late. It is important that our warmth is reserved throughout the winter months, so I’ve assembled a sweatshirt (lưới bảo vệ hòa phát) checklist to ensure that your wardrobe has the essential items to tackle the big freeze.
1. Leather Gloves – Leather gloves are first on the checklist as they are not necessarily a compulsory accessory. We all have gloves yet probably don’t have leather gloves in our accessory box. Price probably and big factor in this, yet, if you want a pair of gloves that offer comfort and warmth, then leather gloves are stylish in both men’s and ladies design and can be worn with a variety of outfits.
2. Scarf – Get yourself a thick cotton scarf, preferably with many colours of the rainbow striped across it. The scarves look smart and offer a great amount of warmth so should be considered a must.
3. Thick thermal hoodie – I am fortunate that I can pick and choose what I wear into work, whereas
many will be suited and booted. Yet for work or for casual, hook yourself up with a thermal lined hoodie. An absolute godsend
4. Rugby Socks – we all got socks for Christmas right? Yet I got multiple pairs of colourful striped rugby socks that I have worn each day since, and I must say, once they have been pulled up, they are so comfortable and keep my legs warm in the cold. They have been a great acquisition to my sock drawer.
5. My final must have fashion accessory that will aid warmth and comfort when outside in the cold and unforgiving British winter is… a base layer! We’ve all seen the sports stars wearing base layers underneath their replica shirts, but, have you ever thought about wearing them? If you are wearing a suit, then a white base layer would be ideal to go under a shirt. When it cold, a base layers main feature is that it offers a unique double sided thermal fabric construction that is resilient to cold temperatures and “wicks” moisture away from the skin to help circulate body heat and maintain “Core” body temperature.
The list above may have been expected, with the exception of a base layer been worn to work, but they all would make a big difference with how you feel in the cold. Here’s to hope that warmer weather is around the corner.
write by Elain